We are delighted to be assisting an IT Services company with the recruitment of a Software Development Apprentice in the Livingston area. Our client provides a range of IT services to Small and Medium based companies across the UK. Supplying all manner of Technical services to our existing client base including hardware, software, networking, broadband, telecoms and much more.
Apprenticeship/TrainingThis is an excellent opportunity for a school or college leaver, with a passion for IT and Technology, to take the first steps in their career. Whether you enjoy coding or designing websites, this opportunity will take you to the next level.
Fully funded for those aged 16 – 24, you will be given the opportunity to earn as you learn. As well as working full-time, you will work towards achieving a nationally recognised Software Development Diploma as well as additional certification such as Microsoft Technology Associate in Software Development Fundamentals and HTML5 Application Development Fundamentals.
As a Developer Apprentice, you will:Assist our main Developer in updating our existing web based support tool from classic ASP to ASP.net (C#).
Develop a range of development skills, which you’ll learn to apply together with business knowledge to build solutions for in house use.
Learn to utilise a repository (GIT)
Have the ability to feed in and implement your own creative flair to shape the project.
The right induvial may also be invited to work on external projects for clients.
Work with API to integrate our platform with others
- Enthusiastic about working in the IT sector
- Desire to create innovative solutions and passionate about bringing their own
- ideas to the table.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Great team players
- Committed to solving problems
- Committed to developing a career
- Have good attention to detail
- Open to new ideas and keen to learn
- Not afraid to ask questions
- Ready to rise to new challenges
- Have experience in object orientated languages
- Have experience with CSS and HTML
- Have experience in Bootstrap framework
- Minimum of 3x National 5’s in Maths, English and Computing Science.
Daily working hours:
- Monday to Friday, 37hrs per week 9:00 – 17:30
- 28 days’ holiday
- Discount on hardware and software
- Assistance in achieving certifications and qualifications
- A fully funded training program to help you achieve your qualifications
Other Important Information:This project is to develop a inhouse ticketing systems to replace the current classic ASP. Replacing current functions and adding new tighter integration with other platforms in use (e.g account).